Homemade Pesto Sauce
Homemade Pesto Sauce - I keep this in a jar in my fridge year around.
- 1½ cup packed basil
- ? cup parmesan
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts
- ? cup grated parmesan
- ? cup + 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cloves of garlic, roasted
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spread nuts evenly on a rimmed baking sheet along with garlic gloves; toast in oven until golden about 5 minutes.
- Combine basil, grated parmesan, lemon juice, salt, pepper, roasted pine nuts and garlic cloves in a blender and with the motor running drizzle in olive oil. Blend until sauce is smooth.
- Store and refrigerate pesto sauce in an airtight container.