15 Min Ponzu Shaved Carrot Salad
Recipe type: Salad
Serves: 6 servings
- 16 carrots (I used rainbow carrots)
- ¼ cup panko crumbs
- ¼ cup scallions, chopped
- ¼ cup carrot stalks, chopped (or replace with equal parts scallions or parsley)
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons black sesame seeds
- ¼ cup safflower or olive oil
- 3 tablespoons agave or honey
- 2 tablespoons ponzu
- ½ tablespoon fish sauce
- ¼ teaspoon powdered ginger
- ⅛ cup rice wine vinegar
- ½ tablespoon garlic
- Add all vinaigrette ingredients to a blender or food processor and blitz until emulsified, approximate 20 seconds. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Shave carrots thin with a vegetable peeler or mandolin and add to a large bowl. Pour vinaigrette over the carrots and toss.
- In a separate medium bowl add panko crumbs scallions, carrot stalks and sea salt and toss thoroughly. Sprinkle the crumb mixture over the carrots and toss again until they are spread throughout the salad. OPTIONAL: Sprinkle the top of the salad with black sesame seeds and a bit of more panko crumbs if available.
NOTE: Wait to add the panko crumb mixture until right before you are ready to serve in order avoid sogginess.