Avocado Green Curry & Sweet Basil Mint Shrimp
Recipe type: Entrees
Serves: 2 servings
- Creamy Avocado Green Curry Ingredients
- 1 large ripe avocado, divided
- 1 15oz can coconut milk
- 1 cup chopped asparagus
- ¾ cup chopped green bell pepper
- ⅛ cup cilantro leaves
- 3 tablespoons of green curry paste
- 2½ tablespoons honey cup honey
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Optional: garnish with sliced jalapeno, sliced red onion, cilantro leaves and lime wedges
- Sweet Mint Basil Shrimp Ingredients
- Ã�Â½ pound of shrimp, de-shelled and deveined
- Ã�Â½ cup basil leaves
- Ã�Â¼ cup mint
- Ã�Â¼ cup honey
- Ã�Â¼ cup cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 green onion stalks
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- Make the Curry
- Cut the avocado in half. In the food processor combine coconut milk, ½ of the avocado, curry paste, honey, garlic, fish sauce and blend until smooth. Add in cilantro and blend until fine. Set the curry sauce aside.
- In a medium pan, heat the olive oil on medium high. Add in asparagus and green bell pepper and saute for 3- 5 minutes until the vegetables start to get tender but are still crisp. Sprinkle salt, pepper and lime juice over the top of the vegetables and remove from the heat.
- In large pan add the curry sauce and vegetables and bring to a light simmer, then reduce to low heat. Chop the second half of the avocado into chunks and stir them into the curry.
- Make the Sweet Basil Mint Shrimp
- Put all the herbs and vegetables in a food processor (reserving only the honey and onion powder to be added at the end). Pulse ingredients until they are finely minced. Remove the blade and add in honey and onion powder and stir until mixed in and a paste is formed.
- Stir brush on the basil mint paste on each side of the shrimp make sure that the herbs stick to the sides.
- On high, heat the oil. Once it sizzles add in shrimp cooking for about 1 Ã�Â½ minutes on side 1 and 1 minute on side 2. Remove from heat, place on paper towel and sprinkle with salt.
- Put it all together
- Scoop curry into a bowl and place shrimp on top. Optionally you can garnish with sliced jalapeno, sliced red onion, cilantro leaves, lime wedges and/or additional chopped avocado. Serve warm.