Avocado Parmesan Grits
Recipe type: Sides
Serves: 4 servings
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 medium ripe avocado, divided
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 2 sprigs of fresh tarragon
- 2 sprigs green onion
- In a food processor combine milk, ½ the avocado, rosemary, tarragon and green onion. Blend until the avocado is smooth and the herbs are finely minced.
- In a large sauce pan, bring broth to a boil. Slowly but constantly whisking, stir in the grits. Reduce heat, and add whisk in the avocado/milk mixture to the grits. Let it simmer for about ten minutes. Add parmesan, salt and pepper and stir until the cheese has visibly melted. When plating slice the remaining half of the avocado over the grits and serve warm.