Bacon, Plum and Kiwi Chutney
Recipe type: Appetizer
Serves: makes 1 cup
- 3 strips of thick cut bacon, cooked
- 2 plums, chopped
- 1 kiwi, chopped
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons braggs apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- ½ jalapeno, deseeded and chopped
- ¼ cup grade b maple syrup
- ⅛ cup water
- In large skillet, cook bacon then remove from heat and chop.
- In the same skillet on medium heat, with the bacon grease still in it, add in onions, garlic, and jalapeno and allow them to sweat for 2 minutes, stirring periodically.
- Add in remaining ingredients, apple cider vinegar, plums, kiwi, honey, maple syrup and water. Cook for 3 minutes then stir in chopped bacon. Allow mixture to cook for an additional 2 minutes them remove from the heat.
- Serve warm or store in fridge for later use.