Barbeque Spare Ribs
Tender Juicy BBQ Ribs
Recipe type: Entree
- 2 racks spareribs
- 2 cups your favorite bbq sauce
- apple cider vinegar
- 5 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2½ tablespoons ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons. Paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon finely ground Kona coffee
- 1 tablespoon celery salt
- ½ tablespoon onion powder
- 2½ teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons allspice
- Combine ¾ cup apple cider vinegar with 2 cups water and place the ribs in this mixture to soak for about 30-45 minutes. Drain and pat the ribs dry with a paper towel (do not rinse).
- In a bowl, combine the brown sugar, paprika, ground mustard, onion powder, garlic powder, coffee, celery salt, cayenne pepper, salt, black pepper and all spice.
- Remove the tough skin from the backside of the ribs. Starting at one end of the rack slide pairing knife under the membrane right next to the bone to give you leverage to get a good grip and pull the skin down the rack of ribs.
- Rub the ribs evenly with the spice blend and place on a baking tray. Add about ⅓ cup of the residual vinegar water mixture to the baking tray and wrap the tray with aluminum foil. Place in preheated 325 degree oven for 2 hours.
- Once the ribs are done strike up the grill (medium heat). Liberally brush the ribs with your favorite bbq sauce on both sides. Transfer ribs from the oven to the grill, discarding cooking liquid. Grill for 5 minutes meat side up. Turn over the ribs and baste the side up with barbeque sauce and grill 5 minutes more. Turn one final time and baste again with barbeque sauce, and grill 5 more minutes.
- Remove from grill and add more sauce if desired.