Chocolate BBQ Short Ribs
New take on fall off the bone short ribs
Recipe type: Entree
Cuisine: Comfort Food, Soul Food
Serves: 4-6 servings
- 4 - 4½lbs short ribs
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 (20 oz) bottle bbq sauce
- 4 tablespoons nutella
- ⅔ cup flour
- ½ cup dry red wine
- ¼ cup of butter or vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons salt (for short ribs)
- 1 teaspoon pepper (for short ribs)
- salt and pepper, to flavor sauce
- 3 tablespoons hot sauce (optional)
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped (optional for plating)
- In a skillet, on medium/low heat, combine bbq sauce, nutella, red wine, onion, hot sauce and stir. Flavor with salt and pepper to your desired level. Bring to a simmer for 5 minutes
- In a zip lock back, pour in flour, salt and pepper and shake together until blended. Add in a short rib at a time and shake lightly. Make sure that each short rib is fully coated and pat off any excess flour.
- In a large pan heat butter on medium/high. Place ribs in hot butter and brown on each of the four main sides. About a minute on each side.
- Place short ribs in a crockpot on low heat and pour the sauce over the top. Cover the crockpot and let cook for 5-6 hours or they are very tender when pierced with a fork. Be sure to occasionally check the liquid in the pan to make sure there is enough to keep the meat moist and simmering. Add more wine or water if necessary..
- When serving sprinkle with chopped parsley. Serve warm.