Flamin Red Fried Chicken
Recipe type: Entrees
Serves: 4 Servings
- 3 eggs
- 1 bag Flamin Hot Cheetos
- 3 cups flour
- ½ cup corn starch
- 1 (12 oz) bottle Louisiana hot sauce
- 3 teaspoon paprika
- 4 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 quart buttermilk (optional)
- 1 (2½-3 pounds) chicken, cut into pieces
- peanut oil (for frying)
- salt, pepper, and garlic Powder (to taste)
- (OPTIONAL BUT RECOMMENDED STEP) Start this recipe the night before. In a large bowl make marinade by stirring together hot sauce and buttermilk. Season the chicken pieces generously with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Put chicken in the bowl making sure that the chicken is completely covered in marinade. Cover the bowl and put in the fridge overnight or a minimum of two hours.
- In a deep pot heat the peanut oil to 325 degrees F. Do not fill the pot more than ½ full with oil.
- If marinated, place chicken on baking sheet to let excess buttermilk fall off. Let the chicken reach room temperature before frying.
- In a food processor pulse flamin hot cheetos until they are like the consistency of flour. In a bowl, whisk together flamin hot cheetos, flour, corn starch, cayenne pepper, paprika and salt until completely blended.
- In a medium size bowl, beat the eggs.
- Dip the chicken in the egg, and then coat well in the flour mixture. Place the chicken in the preheated oil and fry the chicken in the oil until brown and crisp. Chicken should cook for approximately 11-13 minutes.
- Drain chicken on wired baking sheet and lightly salt as soon as you pull it out of the oil.
- NOTE: For extra crispy fried chicken, as pictured, adjust step 6 by dredging chicken directly in flour mixture, then egg, then flour mixture again before placing in the hot oil.