Garlic & Sea Salt Carrot Fries
Recipe type: Sides
Serves: 2 Servings
- 1 bushel of small carrots, peeled and cut into batons (8-10 carrots)
- 3 tablespoons cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Cut off rough carrot ends and peel. Reserve 1 tablespoon of finely chopped carrot leaf tops.
- Mix chopped carrot tops with chopped garlic. Split portion in half.
- On a large baking sheet, toss carrot sticks with olive oil, half of the chopped garlic and carrot tops, sea salt, cayenne and cinnamon.
- Arrange carrot sticks in a single layer, rounded side down first. Roast carrots on the top shelf of the oven for 5 minutes. Then flip over to the flat side down and roast for another 5 minutes.
- Remove carrots from oven and toss remaining chopped garlic and carrot tops over the top. Season with additional sea salt if needed. Serve warm.