Grilled Peaches with Salted Caramel and Toffee Crumble
Succulent and juicy peaches charred to perfection over the grill and topped with caramel and toffee goodness
Recipe type: Sweets
Serves: 4 servings
- 4 peaches (cut in halves)
- vanilla ice-cream
- 3 tablespoons butter (melted)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 3 Tablespoons salted butter
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 8 werther’s originals hard candies (grounded)
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- In a food processor intermittedly pulse the werther’s originals until they reach a fine gravel-like texture.
- Into a medium bowl add in the ground werther’s, flour, sugar and salt and whisk together. Cut the butter into a few large pieces and toss these in the dry ingredients. With your hands, work butter into the mixture until large, moist clumps form. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a saucepan on medium high heat, add in sugar and whisk. The sugar will begin to form clumps and then turn golden and melt. Keep a close eye on the sugar as it can easily burn.
- Once the sugar is completely melted and temperature reaches 350 degrees F immediately add in the butter. The butter will cause the sugar to bubble up but don’t be alarmed. Continue to which in the butter until it is completely melted into the sugar.
- Slowly whisk in the heavy cream. This will cause the mixture to bubble up again. Resume with a slow whisk until you achieve a smooth caramel. Allow the sauce to continue to simmer for 30 seconds - 1 minute then remove from the heat and stir in ½ teaspoon of sea salt flakes.
- Heat grill to high. Brush peaches with butter and place flesh down into the grill. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until the peaches are soft to the touch.
- Place a peach half, face up and top with vanilla ice cream. Sprinkle on the toffee crumble and drizzle with the salted caramel.