Lemon Coconut Cream Mussels
Recipe type: Entree
Serves: 4 Servings
- 2 pounds fresh mussels, scrubbed and cleaned well
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- ½ cup whole cilantro leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon of Thai green curry paste
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon finely grated lemon or lime zest
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Pasta cooked according to package
- Fresh cracked pepper
- In a large pot on medium, heat the butter until melted. Add in the shallot, garlic, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, and lemon zest. Cook for about 3 minutes or until the shallots are opaque.
- Add in the green curry paste, coconut milk, sugar and fish sauce. Bring to the boil, stirring.
- Add the mussels, cover the pan with a tight-fitting lid and cook over medium high heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until the mussels have opened. Shake the pan occasionally. Discard any unopened mussels.
- Serve the mussels over the pasta and ladle over the lemon, coconut broth and garnish with cilantro leaves and fresh cracked pepper.