Mango Lime Rice
Recipe type: Side Dish
Serves: 3 cups
- 1 cup of jasmine rice
- ½ cup of chicken stock or water
- 1 mango, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup of cilantro chopped
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of sugar
- 1 pinch of cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon lime zest
- In a medium saucepan bring the stock or water to a boil. Add in rice, lime juice, salt, sugar, cayenne and lime zest. Stir around just once.
- Reduce heat to low simmer, cover partially and let cook for 12-15 minutes undisturbed.
- Once all the moisture is absorbed taste the rice to make sure it’s done. If necessary add an additional tablespoon or two and let the rice continue to cook until done.
- Once its done remove the rice from the heat and fluff the rice with a fork. Fold in mango and cilantro and serve warm.