Nacho Cheesy Enchiladas with Avocado Cream Sauce
Recipe type: Entrees
Serves: Makes 12 Enchiladas
- 1 Rotisserie Chicken (bones removed and meat chopped)
- 1lb ground beef (browned and drained)
- 1 (15oz) can green enchilada sauce
- 1 (15oz) can red enchilada sauce
- 1 (15oz) can nacho cheese
- 1 (4oz) can chopped jalapeños
- ½ cup shredded white cheese (mozzarella or pepper jack)
- ¼ cup of Mexican crema (or substitute sour cream)
- ¼ large avocado
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Optional Garnish: cilantro, green onion
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large pan, mix cooked chicken, beef, nacho cheese, and chopped jalapeños on medium low heat and stir. Once mixed, turn heat down to low.
- In a separate bowl, mix green and red enchilada sauces together. Separate 1 ½ cups of the sauce mixture to make the avocado cream sauce.
- Pour just enough of the green/red enchilada sauce mixture to coat the bottom of your baking dish then set aside. NOTE: There should only be enough to coat the bottom of the dish and minimal excess sauce otherwise your enchiladas will end up too soggy.
- In a blender add in the 1 ½ cups of the green/red enchilada sauce mixture along with the crema, lemon juice, and avocado and blend until smooth. Add salt and pepper to your liking.
- Take your tortillas and warm them in the microwave for approximately 10-15 seconds. This will make the tortillas more flexible for folding.
- Use tortillas to build each enchilada inside the baking dish. Put two large tablespoons of the meat mixture inside each tortilla and fold close. Generously, brush on the red/green enchilada sauce on the entire tortilla to help seal it shut.
- Once all of the enchiladas have been stuffed and sealed, pour the avocado cream sauce over the top. For presentation, try to stay predominately in the center of the enchiladas although it is ok if you do not.
- Spread shredded cheese across the top of the enchiladas and put in the oven for approximately 10-15 minutes (or until the cheese is melted).
- Serve warm.
- OPTIONAL GARNISH: chopped green onion, red onion, cilantro and/or avocado