No Batter Blackberry Stuffed Waffles
Recipe type: Breakfast
Serves: 8 waffles
- 2 cans Pillsbury Grands biscuits
- 2 cups blackberries, halved
- ½ cup sugar
- pinch of cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- cooking spray
- Optional: powdered sugar or creamy maple syrup
- Cut blackberries in half and in a large bowl mix together blackberries, sugar, cinnamon and salt. Stir together until sugar crystal disintegrate and set aside.
- On a floured surface, use floured rolling pin to roll out and flatten two biscuits. Add a tablespoon of blackberry mix on top of one of the biscuits; try to drain excess syrup prior to adding on the blackberries. Make sure to leave the perimeter of the biscuit uncovered. Place the second biscuit on top of and press the edges to secure the waffle is closed. Place the stuffed waffle in the waffle iron and cook until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar or pour over creamy maple syrup.