No'atmeal and Berries
Easy grain-free oatmeal.
Author: Meiko And The Dish
Recipe type: Breakfast
Cuisine: Whole 30 / Paleo
Serves: 1 serving
- ⅓ cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds (alternate nut or seed optional)
- 4 tablespoons of fresh squeezed orange juice
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ large banana
- ½ tablespoon ground coconut or almond meal
- ¼-1/2 cup almond milk (depending on preferred consistency)
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- fresh berries and/or dried fruit’
- Paleo option: Add honey or agave
- In a blender or food processor, combine almonds, sunflower seeds, orange juice, cinnamon, banana, coconut meal, ¼ cup of almond milk and salt. Pulse for about 30 seconds to a minute or until you reach your desired consistency.
- Place mixture in a bowl and add ghee. Place in microwave for 30-45 seconds or until warm throughout. Stir in the ghee and add additional almond milk if needed.
- Top with lots of fresh berries, dried fruit and/or additional cinnamon.