Paleo Apple Cinnamon Stuffed Chicken
Recipe type: Entrees
Serves: 4 Servings
- Marinated Chicken:
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons grass-fed butter
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- dried parsley
- Apple Cinnamon Stuffing:
- 2 apples, cubed
- ½ orange, juiced
- ½ cup almonds
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed butter
- 2 teaspoons raw honey
- 3 teaspoons water
- 1 teaspoon coconut flour
- ground cloves
- Additional tools:
- Zip-lock bag
- Preheat oven 400 degrees.
- Whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, garlic and black pepper in a bowl. In a zip-lock back place chicken breasts and pour over marinade. Seal bag and place in refrigerator to marinate for 20-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, add almonds, and1/2 teaspoon of both Tajin seasoning and cinnamon and pulse until it almost forms flour-like texture. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet, add 2 tablespoons of butter until melted. Add in honey, orange juice and sprinkle with a pinch of both cinnamon and Tajin seasoning. Add in cubed apples and saute for 2-3 minutes on medium heat then remove from the heat. In a bowl, in the add apples but leave excess butter/juices in the skillet and set aside. To the bowl also add in the ground almonds and stir until the apples and almonds are mixed.
- Remove chicken breasts from zip-lock bag and pat dry. Season chicken breasts on both sides generously with Tajin and just a pinch of the following: dried parsley, pepper, nutmeat, cayenne, ground cloves, and cinnamon.
- In a large oven safe skillet on medium high heat add in 3 tablespoons of butter and melt. Then add the seasoned chicken breasts, rough side down and cook for 2 minutes. Do not flip the chicken. After 2 minutes remove from the skillet and on to a plate.
- On the seared side of the chicken, add a heaping tablespoon of the apple/almond mix and fold up chicken breast almost like a taco. Use 2-3 toothpicks to pierce both ends shut. The uncooked side of the chicken should now be exposed.
- In the same large skillet, add back in the stuffed chicken breasts. Sear on each side for about 30 seconds - 1 minutes until golden. Then place skillet into oven to cook for an additional 15-20 minutes or until the chicken registers 165Ã�ï¿½Ã�Â°F on an instant-read thermometer. If you don't have an oven safe skillet the transfer stuffed chicken breast onto baking pan.
- Meanwhile, make the apple cinnamon sauce in the other skillet with the leftover butter and juices from the apples. In that skillet add in 1 teaspoon of coconut flour and 3 teaspoons of water and whisk together. Turn heat to high until mixture starts to boil, then reduce to low and let the sauce thicken.
- Serve chicken warm, top with more apple-almond stuffing if you have excess; drizzle with apple cinnamon sauce and sprinkle on dried parsley.