Perfect Pan Fried Salmon
Recipe type: Entrees
- 4 salmon filets (skin on or skin off and room temp)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable, peanut or canola oil
- garlic powder
- course salt
- black pepper
- optional garnish: parsley and lemon slices
- In a large cast iron or nonstick skillet heat oil to medium. Do not proceed until the oil is hot. Pat salmon with paper towel on all sides to make sure the filets are completely dry. Generously season on all sides with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Add in salmon filets; if the skin is on add them with the skin side-down. Immediately reduce heat to medium and cook, undisturbed, for up to 4-5 minutes. The bottom half of the fish should appear opaque.
- Flip salmon over and cook the other side for an additional2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and serve warm. If using a thermometer the thickest part of the filet should register at 130 degrees for medium.
- Optional: garnish with parsley and lemon slices