Potato Chip Crusted Grilled Cheese with Pesto and Sun-dried Tomatoes
Recipe type: Sandwiches
Serves: 1 sandwich
- 2 slices of bread
- ¼ cup mozzarella shredded
- ¼ cup cheddar shredded
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 tablespoon pesto
- ¼ cup of potato chips, crumbled
- ¼ cup marinated sun-dried tomatoes, drained
- cooking spray
- Butter one side of each slice of bread liberally sprinkle half the potato chips on top of the butter slices. Reserve the rest of the chips.
- Begin to layer the sandwich. On the other side of one slice of bread spread on the pesto. On top of the pesto sprinkle on the mozzarella, sun-dried tomatoes, followed by the remaining chips. Finally add the cheddar cheese on top of the chips and close the sandwich with the second slice of bread.
- Lightly spray grill pan on heat on medium high. Grill for approximately 2½-3 minutes per side or until golden brown. Serve hot.