Pulled Jerk Sliders With Cucumber Sauce
Recipe type: appetizer
Serves: 8 sliders
- 4 jerk chicken thighs
- slider buns or small round dinner roll
- Red cabbage, shredded
- 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Pinch of sugar
- NOTE: SLOW COOKER WAS USED TO PREPARE JERK CHICKEN RESULTING IN AN EXCESS of 2 CUPS OF STOCK.
- Blend all the cucumber sauce ingredients in a food processor or blender until you reach a smooth consistency. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- When the chicken is ready, strain and move it to a cutting board. After the chicken cools enough to handle, use a fork to shred the meat. Add the chicken back to the slow cooker with the stock to keep warm.
- Split the slider rolls in half and toast, then place strained jerk chicken onto each roll. Top it with cabbage and cucumber sauce.