Quick Sautéed Collard Greens & Kale
Recipe type: Sides
Serves: 4 Servings
- 1 bushel collard greens (rinsed, deveined, and coarsely chopped)
- 1 bushel kale ((rinsed, deveined, and coarsely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ onion, roughly chopped
- ½ cup water
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 teaspoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red-pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook garlic and onion, until golden and softened, about 3 minutes. Add in chopped collard greens and kale in batches. Continue to stir periodically as they wilt, until all the greens have been added.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, water, vinegar, red-pepper flakes, honey and steam, covered for approximately 10 minutes, Greens should be tender and water completely evaporated. Add in salt and pepper to taste.