Scrambled Egg Breakfast Pizza
Recipe type: Breakfast
Serves: 6-8 Servings
- 1 can (13.8 oz) Pillsbury refrigerated classic pizza crust
- 1 tablespoon of pesto sauce
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- 6 eggs, scrambled
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 small onion (1/4 of sliced onion)
- ¼ slice green bell pepper (1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper)
- ½ cup shaved parmesan cheese
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¾ cup breakfast sausage or meatballs (I used Aidell's Caramelized Onionmeatballs)
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil, divided
- Salt & Pepper To Taste (1/4 teaspoon each)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Unroll the dough and place on the cooking sheet. Use a floured rolling pin or press out dough with hands towards the edge of pan starting from the center.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil on medium high in a large skillet, add bell peppers and onions and saute for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove vegetables from the pan and set aside. Whisk together eggs with milk in a bowl and cook in the same skillet over medium heat, stirring constantly. When eggs are set, remove and set aside. If the sausage is uncooked, cook the sausage until brown; drain and set aside.
- In a small bowl stir together pesto sauce and syrup. Brush on half the pesto/syrup mixture in the center of the dough leaving at least a ½ inch perimeter untouched. Brush on the remaining olive oil around the perimeter of the dough.
- Spoon scrambled eggs over the top of the pesto/syrup sauce, followed by the veggies, and then followed by the sausage. Make sure everything is spread evenly. Sprinkle the cheese and green onion over the top and place in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Remove pizza from oven and brush on any remaining pesto/syrup mixture around the perimeter/crust of the pizza and/or drizzle it over the top of the pizza.
- Cut pizza in desired fashion and serve warm.