Spicy Mango Chicken Sausage Tacos with Blackberry and Cucumber Salsa
Recipe type: Entrees
- Taco Ingredients
- 2 Aidells Spicy Mango w/ Jalapeno Smoked Chicken Sausage (can alternate with chicken apple sausage), chopped
- 2 flour tortillas (wheat or white)
- 2 ½ tablespoons Mexican crema (can alternate with sour cream)
- ¾ cup red cabbage, chopped
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- pinch of tajin classico seasoning
- blackberry salsa
- Blackberry Salsa Ingredients
- 1¼ cups of sliced blackberries
- ¼ cup cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon of grape jelly, melted (can alternate with honey)
- 1 teaspoon habanero, chopped and deseeded
- salt to taste
- In a bowl mix all salsa ingredients then refrigerate.
- Put olive oil in pan on medium high heat. When hot add in red cabbage and stir occasionally. Cook cabbage until the edges start to char and get crispy, about 5-7 minutes, then remove from heat.
- In pan, cook sausage on medium high heat (5-7 minutes) and heat tortillas until soft and pliable.
- To layer taco, put chicken sausage on tortilla first; followed by the crispy cabbage and top with blackberry cucumber salsa. Drizzle crema over the top and serve.