Steak Bites with Bacon, Plum and Kiwi Chutney
Recipe type: Entrees
Serves: 4 servings
- 1lb sirloin steak
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 leek, sliced
- 1 bunch of rainbow chard, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Braggs apple cider vinegar
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 1¼ tablespoons Tajin seasoning, divided (can substitute with salt)
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Trim fat and gristle off the steak then cut meat into roughly 1” chunks. Rub seasoning (Tajin and pepper) all over the meat.
- Heat large skillet to medium high heat and add in 2 tablespoons butter. Melt the butter down until it turns brown then add in the meat. Make sure that there is enough for all of the meat to sit flat on the plan. If you have to cook the meat in batches. Cook meat on 1 side for 30 seconds, turn over, and cook for another 30 seconds, then remove the meat from the skillet on to a plate.
- To the same skillet add in remaining ingredients, rainbow chard, onions, leeks, apple cider vinegar and butter can cook until vegetables begin to soften, approximately 5 minutes. Sprinkle Tajin and pepper of the top of the vegetables and stir.