Honey Pecan Crusted Salmon
Recipe type: Comfort Food
- 4 (6 oz.) salmon fillets
- 1½ pecans, chopped finely
- 1½ tablespoons of pesto
- 1½ tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil; lightly spray foil with cook spray; set aside.
- Place salmon on prepared sheet. Use knife to remove salmon skin from the fillet. Pat the fish dry with a paper towel.
- In a bowl stir together pesto, honey and lemon juice. In a separate small bowl mix together the sea salt, black pepper and garlic powder.
- Season both sides of the salmon with seasoning mix. Then lightly brush one side of the salmon with the honey pesto mixture. Flip the fish over and heavily brush this side with the honey pesto mixture (this will help the nuts stick better).
- Sprinkle the top with the finely chopped pecans pressing gently to adhere.
- Roast salmon for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with additional lemon and honey before you serve.