Loaded Monster Carne Asada Nachos
These Loaded Monster Carne Asada Nachos are the ultimate game day appetizer - loads of cheese, marinated tender steak, pico de gallo, guacamole and more! Eat 'em while their hot and make another batch for the second half!
Recipe type: Appetizer, Entree
Serves: 6-8 servings
- ¾ cups orange juice
- ⅓ cup lime juice
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- ⅓ cup soy
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 fajita seasoning packet
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 lbs skirt steak
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- 1 bags steak fries, cooked
- 1 (16oz) can black beans, drained
- 2½ cups freshly shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- ¼ cup Mexican crema or sour cream
- 3 large avocados, chopped and mashed
- Add all of the other marinade ingredients (before you add the meat) into a large ziplock bag and shake well. Put meat in the bag and massage meat making sure that the marinade gets over all the meat. Refrigerate for 3 - 8 hours.
- Cook/bake steak fries per instructions.
- Brown the skirt steak in large skillet on high, cooking each side anywhere from 30 seconds to 1 minute. Remove meat from skillet and let it rest. Once cooled, thinly slice the meat against the grain.
- Preheat oven 425 degrees. On a rimmed 9-by-13-inch baking sheet, evenly spread out tortilla chips, top with an even layer of steak fries and sprinkle across with taco seasoning. Add a layer of shredded cheese, and evenly spread out black beans, followed by the sliced meat and one more heaping layer of cheese. Bake until grated cheese is completely melted, about 7-10 minutes.
- Top with avocado, pico de gallo and drizzle all over with crema. Serve right away.