Homemade Banana Ice Cream Brownie Sunday
Homemade Banana Ice Cream Brownie Sunday - What's better then bananas, brownies and ice cream?
- 1 box of brownie mix, baked
- 2 chopped frozen bananas
- ½ raw banana, thinly sliced
- 1 cup of popcorn, cooked
- 4 tablespoons of chocolate “magic shell” ice cream topping
- 4 tablespoons of carmel “magic shell” ice cream topping
- pinch of sea salt (flakes optional)
- mint sprig for garnish (optional)
- Preliminary work: bake brownie according to instructions and cook popcorn according to instructions. Let brownie completely cool before manipulating or plating.
- On a wax paper lined baking sheet, spread out popcorn and drizzle with caramel and chocolate “magic shell” sauce. Place popcorn in refrigerator to cool and harden approximately 20 minutes.
- In a food processor, blend frozen bananas until they reach a smooth ice cream consistency.
- With a pastry cutter (or round shaped object), cut out four rounds in the brownie. Gently shake the cutter to help release the brownie round before lifting out of the baking pan.
- To plate, place the first brownie round in the center of plate. Fan out a layer of sliced banana on the brownie round, then top that layer with a second brownie round. The banana slices should be sandwiched between the two brownies making a small tower.
- Place a scoop of banana ice cream on top of brownie tower. Take a hefty scoop of popcorn and place it on top of the ice cream. Let the popcorn fall around the tower. Drizzle the remaining chocolate and caramel “magic shell” sauce around the plate. Finally, sprinkle with sea salt flakes on top and add a sprig of mint for garnish.