Everything But The Kitchen Sink Cookies
Everything But The Kitchen Sink Cookies - Adapted from Momofuku Milk Bar's Compost Cookies Recipe; this perfect chewy sweet and salty cookie treat.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cup potato chips
- 1 cup of butter, room temp
- 1 egg and 1 yolk
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup pretzels, roughly broken
- ¼ cup of round chewy caramels
- ¼ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 15 Werther's Originals hard candies, roughly grounded
- 2 teaspoons ground coffee
- 1½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugars with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add the vanilla and eggs and mix well, approximately 3 minutes on medium speed. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking soda, salt, and coffee. With the electric mixer on low, slowly add in the bowl of dry ingredients until dough forms. Do not over mix. Takes approximately 1 minute, max.
- Hand stir in the remaining ingredients except for the potato chips (stir in caramels, chocolate chips, Werther's Originals and pretzels). After these ingredients are mixed in, lightly fold in the potato chips and be gentle to maintain some of the chip's form. Its ok for the potato chips to break.
- Form a loose ball with the dough and wrap tightly with saran wrap. Place the dough in the fridge for 1 hour. Do not skip this step.
- After an hour in the fridge prepare cookie dough for baking. Heat oven 350 degrees. Spray cookie sheets with cooking spray. Use a standard ice-cream scooper (approximately ¼ cup) to scoop out cookie dough and roll it into a ball with your hands. Place the balls on the cookie sheet approximately 2 inches apart. Bake cookies for 11-12 minutes. The cookies may look under baked but don't worry, they will continue to bake on the cookie sheet.
- Let the cookies cool for 10-15 minutes before serving.