How many of you know that the ingredients used to make ice cream are the same ingredients used to make eggnog???
MIND BLOWN RIGHT?
Y’all know I am here for a good shortcut and I couldn’t let the season go by without hooking #TeamGreedy up with good one. That being said, all of us have a carton of ice cream in the fridge which means we have access eggnog in just minutes.
WE CAN NOW remove one item from that extensive grocery list and maybe get out of those holiday grocery lines a little bit quicker. So no more separating eggs and whisking into a custard for me (“from scratch” eggnoggers will know what I’m talking about).
And seriously, how many times have you purchased a bottle of eggnog only to see it still sitting there long after the holidays have come and gone? [HAND RAISED HIGH] At least this way you can make it self serve by the glass with no waste. Instead, we should all be using this holiday shortcut using French vanilla for homemade spiked eggnog which only uses 4 ingredients and is done in 4 minutes.
Easy Coconog Shot
Easy Coconog Shot - Using only four ingredients and prepared in under four minutes. Coconog is short for Coconut/Eggnog ... get it?! The secret is my shortcut of using French vanilla ice cream.
- ½ cup ice cream, melted
- ¼ teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons whole coconut milk
- 4 teaspoons tequila
- optional: toasted coconut flakes
- Pour all ingredients in a cocktail shaker filled with ice and shake vigorously. Strain into a shot glass. Serve topped with toasted coconut flakes.
- * Let the icecream sit out or heat it in a microwave safe cup until it reaches a smooth liquid consistency. Don't let it get too hot (approx. 30 -45 seconds).