Thick pappardelle noodles covered in a creamy basil alfredo sauce with chicken, bacon and broccoli.
You Have To Hear This
On my store run my I was intrigued by the Bertolli® Tomato & Basil and Bertolli® Creamy Basil Alfredo Sauces. I don’t know, I must have been craving basil because when I saw all the big chunks of basil married throughout the sauce I just couldn’t resist and scooped up a couple of jars. Once I got home I roasted some baby broccoli and bacon on the cookie sheet to add to my pasta dish. We all know bacon makes everything better.
As you can see I’m set for the next few days. I’m not sure why it took me so long to do meal prep, it has saved me so much time over the week not to mention I’m totally obsessed with these Rubbermaid® Brilliance™ storage containers. You probably need these in your life so use this link to get discounts on both Bertolli and Rubbermaid Brilliance at Walmart.
- $0.75 off any Bertolli pasta sauce variety at Walmart
- $2.00 off a single Rubbermaid Brilliance container at Walmart
- $5.00 off the Rubbermaid Brilliance 10 piece set at Walmart
Click here for more recipe ideas.
- 8 ounces baby broccoli
- 4 strips of bacon
- ¼ teaspoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15 oz) jar Bertolli Creamy Alfredo Sauce
- ½ pound shredded cooked chicken
- salt and pepper
- juice of ½ lemon
- 8 ounces pappardelle pasta
- Shaved Parmesan, mascarpone, and fresh basil for topping
- Preheat oven 375 degrees. Place broccoli and bacon on foil lined cookie sheet. Roast until bacon is crispy for approximate 15-20 minutes. Toss broccoli halfway through. Then remove from oven and drain bacon of excess grease.
- Add oil and garlic to a small skillet, over medium high heat. Stir until lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Add in Bertolli Basil Alfredo Sauce and shredded chicken and stir. Taste and add salt and pepper as needed. Reduce heat to low.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain, return to the pot, drizzle over lemon juice and toss. Pour the sauce over the pasta stirring, until the pasta and sauce are combined, about 1 minute.
- Plate the pasta over the broccoli and top crumbled bacon shaved Parmesan, mascarpone, and fresh chopped basil. Serve hot!