Wave your hands in the in the air like you just don’t care if you gained 10 pounds over Thanksgiving weekend like I dddiiiiiidddd!!! Listen I know I’m not alone.
Well if you are anything like me you are now looking for recipes to lighten the load just to save up calories for the big holiday’s massive eating. That being said I’ve been searching my arsenal and decided to remake one of my favorites.
This is one of those recipes that you end surprised how delicious it is with only max 20 minutes of effort. And it’s light so it should help with your attach on the love handles.
Give this recipe a try and share your photos and don’t forget to tag @meikoandthedish and use hashtag #TeamGreedy #MeikoAndThedish.
Honey Pecan Crusted Salmon
Recipe type: comfort Food
- 4 (6 oz.) salmon fillets
- 1½ pecans, chopped finely
- 1½ tablespoons of pesto
- 1½ tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil; lightly spray foil with cook spray; set aside.
- Place salmon on prepared sheet. Use knife to remove salmon skin from the fillet. Pat the fish dry with a paper towel.
- In a bowl stir together pesto, honey and lemon juice. In a separate small bowl mix together the sea salt, black pepper and garlic powder.
- Season both sides of the salmon with seasoning mix. Then lightly brush one side of the salmon with the honey pesto mixture. Flip the fish over and heavily brush this side with the honey pesto mixture (this will help the nuts stick better).
- Sprinkle the top with the finely chopped pecans pressing gently to adhere.
- Roast salmon for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with additional lemon and honey before you serve.