Microwave Friendly Mango with Sticky Rice- This is my favorite Thai dessert and I wanted to make sure I could have it anytime I wanted it.
- 2 ripe mangoes, sliced
- 1½ cups of sweet or glutinous rice
- 1 cup of water
- Optional garnish
- toasted sesame seed for garnish
- mint leaf
- Salted Coconut Sauce
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp starch
- Rinse and drain rice 4-6 times or until the water runs clear. Then let the rice soak in water for at least 3 hours. Drain of all liquid when time has lapsed.
- In a medium to large size microwave save bowl, whisk together coconut milk, sugar and corn starch for approximately 1 minute or until all the dry components are dissolved. Warm up sauce in the microwave on high for 2 minutes, then remove from the microwave and stir. Repeat this process once more for a total cook time of 4 minutes. Once complete set sauce to the side.
- In a large microwave safe bowl combine rice with 1 cup of water and cover with a lid or a plate to keep in the steam. Cook rice on high for 3 minutes, then remove from the microwave and lightly stir (maybe 2-3 folds of the spoon). Repeat this step 2 more times for a total cook time of 9 minutes. Once complete, water should be completely absorbed and the rice grains should not be hard but chewy.
- Stir in half of the prepared coconut sauce (approx. ½ cup) to the sticky rice. Break up any lumps and let the rice cool with the lid on.
- When ready to serve, stir salt into remaining coconut sauce and reheat in microwave for 20-30 seconds.
- Serve mango slices along rice, sprinkle toasted sesame seed garnish, and ladle additional sauce on rice and mangoes.